Our Blog

What is Duplicate Content Issue in WordPress & Fix for SEO

If you want to find out what duplicate content is and how you can check & fix it, you have surely landed in the right place. 

In this three-minute article, we will tell you all about duplicate content issues and how you can solve them. The most important thing that you should know about is that duplicate content can create many issues for you, especially if you add it to your website. 

So without any delay, let us walk through the details of this post.

What is duplicate content?

Duplicate content is content that is published on more than one web source. Duplicate content is getting more common every turning day. This is just because people have started depending upon work created by others instead of doing their research. According to recent statistics, more than 60% of content on the web is duplicated from the other 40%. This number is increasing every turning day and creating problems for both the search engines and the users. 

People usually don’t understand why duplicate content creates a problem for the search engine. So in this section, we are going to illustrate this problem in detail.

How is a duplicate content killer for search engines?

Search engines accept duplicate content in their index for unknown reasons. Because of this, it faces a lot of confusion. Suppose there are two websites indexed on the SERPs. Website A has original content and is ranked on the top of the ranking pages, and website B has copied A. Here, you should know that original/unique content is one of the leading ranking factors that can put a website on the top shelves. Still, suppose the search engine finds duplication or similar content in a different URL. In that case, it is going to demote both of the sites/URLs. 

The demotion is done because the search engine gets confused in ranking both of the pages. A and B cannot be ranked in the same place neither can compete against each other as they have similar content. So to avoid all this confusion, the search engine will put both of the sites down. 

This example illustrates the problem created by duplicate content in two websites. Still, you must know that this problem can also be caused by and in more than two websites.

Types of duplicate content

The general perception is that duplicate content arises only when content is plagiarized deliberately from another source. Still, you must know that this is not true. Multiple types of duplicate content can cause trouble for you in ranking your word press blog/site. Below, we have listed some of the most common and well-known types of plagiarism that can create problems for you or the person you are planning on duplicating content!

  • The first type of plagiarism is intentional plagiarism. This is, of course, the type in which content is deliberately stolen from the source. Intentional plagiarism can be complete as well as incomplete.
  • Accidental plagiarism is the type in which your content has unexpected traces of duplicate content. This often happens because of the amount of content indexed on the web on the same topics. 
  • Self-plagiarism is the third most common type of plagiarism. This type of plagiarism occurs when you are reusing your content on a different URL.
  • Mosaic plagiarism is the type that refers to the copying of content from more than one source. This type of plagiarism can only be detected with an advanced plagiarism tool.
  • Translation plagiarism is another type of duplicate content that is getting common on WordPress these days. This type of plagiarism refers to the translation of duplicate content into another language before publishing.

There are many more types of plagiarism that can ruin your WordPress site and rankings. If you want to avoid the trouble caused by duplicate content, then you surely have to connect with an online plagiarism checker tool. Below we have listed one of the top options that you can find online!

Getting rid of Duplicate Content with Duplichecker

Duplichecker is a very famous and reliable platform for checking duplicate content. This online check for plagiarism tool is very easy to use. It can be used on any device because of its universal compatibility. All you have to do is enter the suspicious text in the input box of the tool and hit the check plagiarism button. If you want to check plagiarism on your website or want to find out if someone is stealing from you, you can use the URL checking feature of Duplichecker

The URL checking feature of this plagiarism checker would allow you to search the website or blog URL. You can easily find out if someone duplicates your content deliberately or accidentally if you go through Duplichecker. This plagiarism checker is best for getting accurate reports. Furthermore, you should also know that this tool will also help you get rid of duplicate content by offering you free paraphrasing services!

Leave a Reply